Shock Media Studio Data Privacy Notice
As you may be aware, the Malaysian Government has gazetted 15 November 2013 as the enforcement date of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”). The Act is intended to regulate the processing of personal data in Malaysia and requires us to notify you on matters relating to your personal data that is being processed, or that is to be collected and further processed by us.
In that regard, please be informed that your personal data (including name, address, telephone number and email) provided to Shock Media Studio Sdn. Bhd. in the course of your dealings or your business’ dealings with Shock, may be processed by Shock, its affiliates or on behalf of Shock, for the following purposes:-
- to administer your accounts or business account(s);
- to provide you or your business with services;
- to communicate and liaise with you or your business;
- to respond to queries or requests submitted by you or your business;
- process orders or applications submitted by you or your business;
- administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement that you or your business have with us;
- anticipate and resolve problems with any goods or services supplied to you or your business;
- to conduct research, market surveys and trend analysis;
- create products or services that may meet your needs or your business’ needs;
- other legitimate purposes as determined by Shock;
- to manage and administer any events, competitions or promotions entered by you or your business; and/or
- to provide you or your business with advertising and marketing information in relation to products and services of Shock and/or its business partners (“Direct Marketing”).
By submitting your personal data to Shock, you:
- declare that you have read, understood and accepted the statements set out in this privacy notice;
- declare that the information provided to Shock in your dealings are accurate, complete and true;
- are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data that is being processed, or that is to be collected and further processed by us;
- consent to the transfer of your data between Shock, its affiliates and/or third parties processing your data on behalf of Shock in the manner and to the extent described in this privacy notice, irrespective of their location; and
- consent to the transfer of your data to locations outside of Malaysia or disclosure to our business partners and/or service providers, who may be located within or outside Malaysia.
Except as set out in this notice, we will not disclose your personal data without your permission unless we are legally entitled or required to do so (e.g. if we are required to do so by legal process or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime) or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and/or defend our rights, property or personal safety and those of our customers or other individuals.
In order to process your personal data, your consent is required. If you do not consent to the processing of your personal data (other than your consent in relation to Direct Marketing), please send a written notice to Shock indicating the same via e-mail to the relevant address set out below. As a consequence, we will not be able to carry out items (A) to (K) above and we will have to reconsider all of our dealings with you or your business, and/or disqualify you from any events, competitions or promotions hosted by us.
You may request Shock to not process your personal data for the purposes of Direct Marketing by way of a written notice to Shock via e-mail to the relevant address set out below. Upon receipt of your written notice, Shock shall within a reasonable time period, cease to process your personal data for the purposes of Direct Marketing.
If you have any questions in relation to this notice, wish to make any complaints or request for access to your personal data, you may contact Shock’s representative via e-mail at email@example.com. Any request of access may be subjected to a fee and also to applicable provisions of the Act and/or its regulations. Shock reserves the right to decline to process any requests which are incomplete, impractical and/or not made in good faith.